Sunday, January 13, 2019

ABOUT SNAKES AND EARS



My friend Linda told me this short dream with its powerful message:

I’m looking at myself in the dream and I see a small snake coming out of my left ear.  Instinctively, I grab it and throw it away.

The left side of the body is governed by the right side of the brain, which processes abstract, creative thinking.  The right side of the body is governed by the left side of the brain, which processes rational, analytical thinking.

Snakes can have many different meanings.  Linda has had historical experience of being guided by the “wrong” people.  These people have persuaded her to make decisions which have ultimately been hurtful and destructive to her life.

On hearing this dream, I realized immediately that the snake in her dream represents the snake in the biblical garden who tempted (and persuaded) Adam and Eve to walk the “wrong” path.

To me, this dream is Linda’s psyche assuring her that her survival instincts are back in balance, and that she has learned to reject “wrong” advice from the ”wrong” people.

By the way, I put the word “wrong” in quotes, because I personally want to move on beyond the duality of life beliefs (bad/good, right/wrong).  To me, life is about experience, and our challenge is to create a mental bridge which spans our right and left brains, so that we function at 360 degrees and not separate 180 degree judgments.

I encourage you to pay attention to your dreams.  Your psyche is not separate from you.  It IS you from the perspective of the 360-degree “higher” self.



No comments:

Post a Comment