Sunday, August 30, 2020

ABOUT TUNNELS, CLOUDS AND WATERY WASHES

 

Arlene from Wisconsin sent me these two dreams for interpretation.  The second dream continues from the first so I’m including both.

 DREAM #1:

I was at my mom’s (grandma’s old house) and laying on the floor. Giorgio (my ex) was sitting up and reaching toward me saying he hopes I will be married next year and asked who I thought it might be. I looked at him, took his hand and said you of course silly, it’s always been you. He smiled and everything was good.

Lying on the floor of your mother’s house (which is HER mother’s house) is suggestive of daydreaming.  You often get lost in a daydream of getting back with your ex.  Deep within you, you still expect to end up with him. 

 Then I was walking downtown by my old high school. I started to enter a huge tunnel of the most beautiful flowers and plants. When I came out the other end, it was somewhat dark, like I was now in a building and I saw some steps leading backwards over the top of the tunnel.

 Part of the daydream is about your experiences in high school.  This is the time when you mature from girlhood to womanhood.  Your memories of that time is like an isolated experience of the blossoming of your many dreams… one where many of your potential skills and talents “blossomed” vividly.  When that time of your life was over, there were “dark” moments where your expectations were not met.  The beauty and happiness you expected to continue became different.  Instead of going forward and out of the building (a normal progression of movement), you double back (backwards).  Because experiences of the past can never be re-experienced in exactly the same way, your trip is “over” the tunnel of flowers.  You are trying to recapture the “blossoming” events which propelled you to womanhood.

 I took the steps and was soon walking on a sparkly, glittery cloud. Not a soft one but a man-made structure. When I got to the end of the cloud, I saw an ice rink and food court. I met my mother and grandma (who is passed and whom I’ve also been dreaming a lot of lately) for chicken strips lol.

 The “steps” you’ve taken to try to recapture the blossoming events of your girlhood leads you through another place… not the soft everchanging nature of real clouds,but “man-made”… one you’ve created as your personal fantasy  The fact that your mother and grandmother are there suggests, once again, that you are trying to create a reality for yourself where the people around you love and support you unconditionally.

However rigid clouds which cannot change with the movement of the winds and atmosphere are not “real.”   Your ending up in a skating rink and food court suggests that you want to “skate” through your life easily and smoothly and you want nourishment and support available whenever you want it.

Again, the important thing to remember is that this is a “backwards” progression.  You are no longer an innocent young girl adored, nourished and supported by those who love you.  You are now a woman who must often stumble on hard, solid paths, which skin your knees when you fall.  You cannot control the clouds to be shaped according to your day dreams.  Reality, like the clouds, changes with the winds and environmental influences.  As a woman, your job, (like your mother’s and grandmother’s) is now to ensure that you are doing your best to “weather” the challenges of life and that you are following through on your mature responsibility of being the one to provide guidance, nourishment and support for those around you.  It is time to move forward instead of trying to recapture certain “happy” times in the past.

DREAM #2:

I was driving out towards the lake with my mom and grandma when I noticed a ton of water in the dry wash. The water kept rising but everyone was enjoying it. People were paddling, swimming with floaties, etc. I stopped the car because it was such an odd sight. 

Water in dreams generally represent emotions.  Your mother and grandmother are powerful “companions” in shaping and influencing your emotional evolution throughout your life.  In fact they provided you with experiences which gave you great fun and adventure and, in fact, “padded (floaties) your experiences in such a way to protect you from harm and hurt.

We walked a bit and got to a tunnel when the water began to flood the road.  My mom at this point was trying to get to higher ground and I was trying to take pics. Meanwhile grandma went towards the tunnel (concrete this time) and stayed. I followed mom and we were safe. Then I woke up.

Again, we have the tunnel symbolism, which suggests transition from one place to another… from childhood to adulthood, in this case. 

Taking pictures symbolizes treasuring memories of past experiences.  In her way, your mother has tried to transition you from childhood to adulthood (higher ground).  During that process, you weren’t necessarily aware that she was guiding you towards maturity because your focus was on the memories themselves, rather than the experience and process of “growing up.”  Higher ground is a point of view where you learn to be “above” the water… above the emotional experiences which might have caused you pain or loss of self-esteem (via experiences other than paddling with floaties).  Your grandmother is no longer around, but she might have been a strong influence in leading you through the transition to full adulthood, where you are mature and understand that only you have the true power to create a stable, happy life for yourself.  Since you followed your mom in the dream, your psyche is sending you this dream to assure you that, yes, this mature outlook in life will be your legacy and you will find that safe place for yourself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment