Monday, November 5, 2018

ABOUT TWO AISLES IN A BIG BUILDING


A friend of mine – let’s call her “Louise” – told me this dream and because I knew her background, I was able to interpret it right away:

I’m in a large building.  It's big and filled with many aisles.  In the center are two main aisles next to each other.  I don’t know what kind of building it was (a residence? a warehouse?  An office environment?), but I clearly remember the two aisles.

Generally, when you find yourself alone in a large building, this is your psyche telling you that this is about YOU and a current issue that you’re trying to deal with.  Or it could be life in general.  Or it could be a work environment.  What happens in the dream will give you a clue as to what it’s about.

There was another woman in the building with me, and as I walk along one of the main aisles, she takes the other.  I’m walking along and suddenly I find that I’m wearing skates.  Soon I’ve reached the end of my aisle.  I go to the other main aisle and I wait for the other woman to reach me.  Dream ends.

Because the building is empty and there are two main aisles and two women, including Louise herself, this dream is about life in general, and the two main aisles represent two aspects of her.  The two primary organs in human bodies are the heart and brain.  If you lack one or the other, you’re essentially considered “dead.”  So, this dream is about Louise's heart and brain moving at different speeds.  The heart and mind are powerfully connected and work in tandem to maintain balance in a human being.  When it comes to healing injuries to either or both, there are no guarantees they will heal at the same time.

Louise has recently escaped a very challenging situation which “broke” her heart… a betrayal by someone she loved.  Her recent life has been a journey of mending both her emotions (1 aisle = heart/emotions/feelings) and her psychological state (2nd aisle = brain/mind/self-esteem).  

She has spent time with a therapist to mend her psychological state… her “mind.”  She has applied her brain functions (reasoning, analysis and research) to understand her situation and herself and why her perceptions veered from its balanced state.  Eventually, she was so determined to heal her self-esteem that she was able to re-establish her inherent self-love and she has stopped beating herself up for failing to see the mistakes she made in her life.

Her “heart,” on the other hand, is not as quick to mend.  Feelings are powerful and often take longer to heal.  The fact that, in the dream, Louise “waits” for the other woman to reach her, implies she instinctively knows this and is applying patience and self-respect in her healing process.

This is a beautiful dream of strength of character, determination, and ultimate self-balancing.  Louise, I salute your journey.  I congratulate you on overcoming a difficult challenge, and I celebrate your humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment