Thursday, October 27, 2016

ABOUT SAGGING PJ'S AND JEWELRY

This one is from Sandra who resides in Honolulu:

 I’m at a work event.  My boss and co-workers are there and we’re gathered for a group photo.  There are probably about 50 of us.  I’m having fun, being sassy and obnoxious to everyone.  My jeans are too tight and uncomfortable and I happen to have PJ’s in my backpack.  I decide to change my jeans to PJ pants.  I find a secluded place outside and make my change.

So far so good.  The group photo suggests this dream is about facades and appearances when interacting with a community of people.  Sandra appears to be a mellow-type individual who doesn’t put on airs and is in fact quite comfortable with who she is.  Clothing in general symbolizes the “persona” we play at certain events in our lives.  If we’re playing tennis, we wear tennis shorts and shirt to exhibit a persona of athletic ability.  If we go to mass, we show less body parts (may even wear scarf) to appear more spiritual and conservative.

Jeans are acceptable public wear in a casual environment, but PJ's are specifically for sleep in the privacy of our bedrooms where we fart and sweat and aren't concerned how people see us and judge us.  So... is wearing PJ's at a business group gathering really appropriate? Mmm, don't think so.
  
Back at the gathering, I’m wearing my PJ’s and having a good time.  Except the elastic on my PJ’s are really loose and they keep falling down my hips.  I sort of have to hang on to them so they won’t fall totally.  My boss and his wife are there, and they come up to me.  Beside the hall is a jewelry store.  My boss and his wife push me inside the store and engage me in a conversation.  I’m wondering why he had to get me alone to talk to me.  Meanwhile, my PJ pants keep sagging down and I have to hold it up.  I’m wondering why they’ve dragged me into the jewelry store because jewelry isn’t my thing.  Dream ends.

Sandra is pretty self-accepting.  She’s not really worried about what people think of her.  She tends not to judge others, so she assumes they won’t judge her.  We all know, however, that, yeah, people judge other people all the time.  (“Oh my god, who taught her how to dress?  I mean, God, you don’t wear pajamas to a business event!.”  In real life, they might be saying, "Wow, she's a bitch, isn't she?"  Etc.)

Her psyche is trying to make her aware of three things:

1)  First, she is interacting with her co-workers in a way which is alienating them against her.  They may be judging her in a negative way.

2)  The fact that Sandra's boss and his wife push her into a jewelry store, i.e., away from judgmental co-workers, tells us that they feel protective toward her.  They don't want her to be the object of criticism and cruel commentaries.  Because she herself doesn't judge others, she innocently assumes they don't judge her either.  Well, not necessarily so.  Who among us hasn't been judged by how we fix our hair, what style of clothing we choose, how we talk and what we talk about?

3)  The jewelry store is a symbol of wealth, beauty and class... all the things that Sandra could care less about.  The fact that her boss and his wife take her in there suggests they are trying to educate her bout human VALUES.  Most people want wealth, beauty and class.  They judge themselves and others on a scale which includes those things.  Wealth and beauty are self-explanatory, but "CLASS" is that inner intuition of understanding what to wear at the tennis court or ballroom... or what to say to your co-workers and how to say it.

There was a time in England’s past when high society deemed it appropriate to have party gatherings wearing fancy and beautiful sleep attire.  It was a fad to scintillate and titillate each other and mock prudery because those individuals were bored and wanted to generate attention and sensation.  Even today in America, it became fashionable for females to let bra straps show and for males to have underwear peek out beneath sagging jeans.

So it’s not a crime to wear PJ’s to a business event.  However, Sandra, if you are serious about garnering respect and acceptance in your career, your psyche is sending you a message to BE AWARE that how you dress should be respectful of the situation you’re in.  Your attire symbolizes how you present yourself to your co-workers.  Are you calm, cool and collected?  Or do you say what you want without regard to their reactions?  Do you treat them with respect?  To get respect, you must give respect. 

Your psyche wants you to be alert. If a time comes when your boss and/or his wife want to share an idea or thought with you, pay attention. They are trying to help you because they care about the appearance you present, even if you yourself don't.

Great guidance dream, Sandra!  Wishing you many more during your happy snoozles (at which times... yes, it's okay to wear PJ's).

ADDENDUM:  Sandra emailed me subsequently to share that a few days after the dream, her boss called her in to let her know she was being pulled out of her team leader role.  Apparently, some of the women on her team complained about her attitude.  He had decided he was going to put her on a project which she could work alone.  Because of this dream interpretation, she accepted the new assignment gladly.  She also decided to change her attitude (from PJ's to jeans) at work.  She loves working alone because she doesn't get frustrated any more that her crew aren't willing to meet her standards of work ethics.  


Yay!  She paid attention!  Hope all you other snoozling dreamers do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment