Monday, October 17, 2016

ABOUT EATING FIGS


Mary Lynn from Cincinnati sent me this short and simple dream:

I dreamt of figs.  I was picking them from the tree.  They were all sizes, like tiny green grapes to medium-size to regular fig size.  Each one that I picked was nice and ripe  and delicious.  I was telling (not sure who or how many people were with me) how great the figs were and to come get some.  I ate each one I picked.   I think (but am not sure) some of them invited me to their fig tree for more.


As soon as I finished reading this, I felt happy for Mary Lynn.  This is a wonderful dream.  Before I began my interpretation I asked her if she had just exited from a relationship which abused her self-worth as a woman. She confirmed she had just broken off a romantic relationship.


This made sense to me.  In dream interpretation, figs traditionally represent a woman’s sexuality, her pride in herself as an attractive female worthy of any man’s love and attention.  Of course a human being is comprised of many facets, and sexuality is just one facet.  I suspect the ex-man in her life treated her in a way which wounded, not only her feeling of sexy allure, but her self-esteem, her self-value, and her self-respect. 


Discovering and eating all those figs, in so many different sizes, suggests that she will rediscover all the healing, positive facets of herself which this man took away from her.  It will be a “delicious” experience to absorb these elements in herself.  It will nourish and support her and give her great happiness and pleasure.  It will be fun.


The fact that she is “harvesting” these figs with others suggests that it will be an adventure shared with other people (strangers, friends and like-minded individuals).  She will discover this “fruit” (an outcome of seeds of effort which can be ingested) all by herself, but it will be in company with others.


Finally, the fact that she is invited to other people’s fig trees (though she’s not sure) suggests that perhaps she will be so good at “harvesting” these figs, that other women in similar situations to hers will ask for her “help” in “harvesting” their trees (lives).  Since she’s “not sure,” about this, she might choose not to extend her skills this way.  Her conscience will guide her to her decision.


Mary Lynn, this is a beautiful, comforting dream, and I celebrate the process with you. 


Wishing you other folks out there similar empowering dreams!  Happy snoozles ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment