Wednesday, February 24, 2016

ABOUT CO-WORKERS


This dream is from Margie in Chicago. 

It starts out with me arriving at a parking lot to meet up with Daisy (fake name) and Joe (fake name). (In real life, the backstory is that Joe hates Daisy, and they are my co-workers. Joe thinks she is unprofessional and a pain in the ass. He warned me about her, because I am about to take over his role on the team). 

Since this dream includes real people in Margie’s life, my immediate thought is that this is a simple “information” dream.  Also, the fact that Margie is now about to take over Joe’s position suggests that the dream is cautioning Margie about the type of person Daisy is, giving her a clue as to how to interact with Daisy

Joe is purposefully dismissive of Daisy and stares at his phone as we three walk together somewhere. I observe her behavior and notice that she’s happy and upbeat. I engage in some small talk with her, and she’s really playful and feisty. She loves the banter and starts play wrestling with me. I have fun with it, too. Next thing you know, it’s getting more intense and almost sexual. While I’m confused by it, I don’t see any harm, and I can tell that she is having immense fun. I see it as an opportunity to earn her trust, so we continue to wrestle. It isn’t rough at all. We’re pushing each other’s hands, laughing, and all the while, Joe is walking ahead of us, oblivious. I decide two things. He’s afraid of her and hates that she doesn’t like him. And I think it’s possible that she’s a lesbian.

There is an evident disparity of personality between the two.  Joe is serious and focused on his personal goals.  Daisy is fun-loving and social.  Neither one is right or wrong.  They are merely different from each other.  Since Margie is about to take over Joe’s position and she is the Dreamer in this story, I tend to think this is more a guiding dream for Margie about aspects of herself, rather than a dream defining the relationship between Joe and Daisy.  Once Joe is gone, he’s no longer relevant to Margie’s life, so it’s reasonable to assume this dream relates to Margie herself.

Apparently, Margie is capable of being both social and fun-loving (like Daisy) and serious and focused (like Joe).  Margie’s psyche is asking her to decide which persona she is going to exhibit.   Is she going to be a Joe-type… brushing Daisy aside as a “pain in the ass?”  Or is she going to exert herself to gain Daisy’s trust by being social and fun-loving?

Frankly, there’s no reason why Margie shouldn’t find a middle-of-the-way persona, where she’s both and neither, depending on the interactive situation which crops up at work.  Middle-of-the-way persona is being focused and serious when actually doing her work, but during non-work times, being social and willing to have fun.  In any event, it would be wise to keep the “sexual” element out of the fun times.  Such interplay is not really appropriate in the workplace.

In summary, I would advise Dreamer to pay attention to how she conducts herself in her new position when interacting with Daisy.  Being too friendly to Daisy might send the wrong signal to Daisy.

Meanwhile, dream-bloggers, happy snoozling.

No comments:

Post a Comment