Saturday, February 6, 2016

ABOUT DOGS AND GLASS BUILDINGS



This one is from Rachel of Tampa, Florida.  After she sent me her dream, I asked her some questions about her work situation and my interpretation factors in her answers.   She confirms she just got a new job and is feeling somewhat rejected by her co-workers at work.

My dream takes place in San Francisco.  I’ve never been there and I don’t know why I’m there.  I’m walking around and I see a dog park.  I don’t have a dog, but I love dogs so I decide to go to the dog park just to look at the dogs.  For some reason, the people there aren’t friendly and don’t welcome me.  So I just keep walking.

Usually if you dream of an unfamiliar city which suggests “saint” (St. Louis, St. Andrews, St. George, etc.), your psyche is trying to send you a message about spiritual or ethical ideals.  Walking in a “saint” city suggests you are in a moral or spiritual crisis and are trying to clear up mixed feelings about challenges facing you.  Since Dreamer confirms that she’s just gotten a new job, this dream scenario represents her new work environment.  Walking in a strange city echoes her feelings about her new job.  Perhaps she’s uncomfortable about the ideals of the company she’s working for and so she’s “exploring” the parameters of her new job.  Is there something about this new company’s ethics or spiritual goals which  doesn’t sit well with her?

Next, anyone who’s a dog-lover knows that they’re loyal and unconditionally loving.  Dogs, in this dream, are an icon of loyalty.  Entering a dog park where the occupants are unfriendly to her suggests that this dreamer finds herself in an environment where her established, already loyal co-workers aren’t yet willing to welcome her because they don’t trust her yet.  They’re cautiously waiting to see where her loyalties lie.  She doesn’t feel loyalty to the company yet, and, in fact, she’s still trying to decide if this company deserves her total commitment. Has she expressed her dissatisfaction in any way with the way things are run? With the goals of the new company?  She confirmed to me that she loved her old job, which became a victim of economic constraints, so she is certainly capable of trust and loyalty herself.

I pass a small glass building which suddenly just falls apart.  I’m far enough away that the broken glass doesn’t hurt me, but I notice I have no shoes on, so I have to be careful not to cut my feet.

Finally, I bypass all the glass shards and decide to go into a café to have some breakfast.  I don’t have my purse with me, but I have just enough in my pockets to have a great breakfast.  Dream ends.

The glass building symbolizes Rachel’s new workplace.  The fact that it’s made of glass is telling her that she will be able to see right through the very essence of the company’s goals and aspirations.  Not only can she see the core of the company’s goals, she will be able to break down the defensive shield her co-workers are presenting to her and reach them in a valid and meaningful way.  And, finally, whatever income she’s earning at this new job will be enough to satisfy her immediate needs.  The fact that she doesn’t have her purse with her suggests she has enough money set aside elsewhere to weather any rainy day.

Her psyche is telling Rachel… don’t worry, kiddo!  You’re gifted with enough insight to see to the heart of your dilemma, and while you’re vulnerable (no shoes), you have enough caution and resources to generate a comfortable, self-sustaining work environment for yourself.  However, do be thoughtful with your insights.  Glass serves a two-way protective purpose, and broken glass can cut you, as well as whoever’s on the other side of it, if you take a “wrong" step. 
Happy snoozling, folks!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment