Tuesday, November 26, 2013

DREAM ABOUT A CHILD DYING

This dream comes from a woman, Jessika, who lives in the San Francisco area.
I have been having these very vivid dreams lately. And at the end of all my dreams, I end up losing my youngest daughter. (I have three kids).

While some dreams about losing a child are precognitive – a precaution to the dreamer to be extra watchful over her youngest child – it’s more likely to be about her personal issues.  Children in dreams often represent aspects of yourself (i.e., your inner child or children).

My first 2 dreams happened in the same night. They were both plane crashes, in the first dream, I actually watched the plane crash, which my 3 kids were on. After it had crashed, I walked over to it and started to look for people still alive, and also look for my kids. I could not find them and started to freak out.

I think if the dream was a warning about her daughter, it would be simpler.  She herself wouldn’t necessarily be featured in it at all.  (For example, it would be as simple as looking at her child’s face with red bumps on it to warn her that her child might be getting sick with measles.)  The fact that Dreamer herself is not on the plane with her children when it crashes suggests the dream is not about the children, but about the Dreamer herself.  It is about her witnessing destruction of something, and about wanting  to “save” what is destroyed. 

Childhood is the period of a person’s life when (s)he learns the most.  And, because a person gives “birth” to ideas and thoughts which result in creative products, the products created are, in essence, that person’s children.  Just this much of the dream suggests to me that Dreamer currently has at least three main outlets for her inherent creativity.  Three “hobbies” maybe?  Drawing?  Writing?  Art?  Crochet?  Poetry?  Photography?   Three things she loves to do and which she spends time nurturing, and fussing over, and helping to “grow” and become “healthy”… in the same way as she does her real children.  

Then there is the symbolism of the plane.  The plane itself suggests that this is about her “mental” life.  Planes symbolize the mind because they are upper stratosphere (sky) and your mind occupies the upper stratosphere of your physical being.  Plane as the vehicle of destruction suggests it is her thinking which will generate the loss.

Then my dream shifted into another dream, I was with my three children on a plane, and the plane was going to crash into the ocean. I sat my littlest daughter on my lap, buckled everyone’s seatbelts, held my kids close to me and we prayed for God to watch over us and keep us safe. We crashed into the ocean and the two older children were above water with life vests on and scared. I looked for my youngest and saw her still buckled in her seat (the seat where she was sitting on my lap) and sinking to the bottom of the ocean.  I dove to get her out of the seat, but the belt was stuck and I lost breath and had to go for air... She sank to the bottom.. the last part of that dream was her faces, scared...crying... as she sunk to the bottom. I woke up crying, scared and quickly grabbed her and held her tight. 

This is basically the same dream… but more detailed.  It specifies it’s her youngest child who’s in danger.  This suggests to me that it is her latest creation (hobby or favorite thing do) which she is in danger of losing.  Let’s say her latest “creation” is that she has discovered playing golf.  It makes her feel fulfilled that she can get out there, hit the balls and win a game.  Her thinking, then, will be that she can’t do it anymore… because she’s too busy, or maybe it’s too costly a hobby.  Or maybe her most current “child” is a talent which she’s not nurturing enough… and so it’ll just sink into the ocean forever.

The ocean symbolizes emotions.  The dream is telling Dreamer that it will be a great emotional loss for her to lose this particular hobby or talent.   It’s something she treasures and loves.

My most recent dream was of me trying to escape prison for a murder I had not committed.  The prison was connected to a school, and a couple other prisoners and I were frantically running thru the school, the locker rooms, looking for clothes to change into and an exit... We eventually got caught, and as they walked me back to the prison, I saw my youngest daughter... they let me have a minute with her, and told me i would never see her again since I tried to escape.  I grabbed her, held her tight and could not stop crying.... again, I woke up crying, grabbed my daughter and held her tight...

The message from her psyche is the same.  This time the setting is prison, and her crime is murder.  When we have a dream… a goal… a passion, it’s the same thing as giving birth to a child.  We come to cherish and love the dream.  If we give up our dreams, it’s like committing murder.  Apparently, for some reason, Dreamer has already “murdered” her dream.  Maybe not intentionally… maybe from neglect rather than intention… or maybe she’s just “too busy.”  Whatever the reason, it’s still a type of murder.

Escaping from prison (which symbolizes “being committed”) suggests Dreamer has found reasons to justify giving up her dream.    Her inner self is telling her that it will be a tremendous loss to her in so many ways, mentally, spiritually, and emotionally.

I don’t know what these dreams mean, if they mean anything. They are scary, cause I seem to lose my child one way or another in my dreams. can someone please help me?

Again, I assure Dreamer this is not a doomsday dream warning her about the death of her real child.  I seriously doubt her psyche would warn her so cruelly if that were the case.  If you are a hard-core, give-it-to-me-straight kind of person, maybe your psyche would send you a warning this harsh, but for most of us, we prefer our psyches to show us a little love… be “gentle” about those necessary warnings.

So, dear Dreamer, be at peace, but be warned.  Nourish your creative passions, or you will come to ultimately regret it.

To everyone else, happy snoozling!

No comments:

Post a Comment